Sunday, May 16, 2010

Eiger Incbloc Diver 1970ies

This is a beautiful Swiss made 1970ies diver’s watch, I found on an auction site, the seller had taken some bad pictures and I had no idea in what state it would be.


It was working on arrival but was in desperate need of some cleaning. The O-ring inside the case had been reduced to a sticky like state and had spread around the case. Fortunately none had gone into the movement. After some TLC in the ultrasonic cleaning machine the case came out looking so much better.


The watch had a flex wristband that didn’t really match; I personally don’t like that kind of watchbands and therefore changed it to a black leather one instead.


The watch has a waterproof rating of 5 ATMs on the back, but I don’t think that is the truth anymore. I would not try to take it down to that depth anyways.



I don’t know much of the Eiger brand, Other then that Eiger is the name of a mountaintop in Switzerland. It seems like this is one of those small brands that never lasted that long, I have seen one or two other Eigers on the bay from time to time..


After all of the cleaning and fixing I think the end result came out pretty good for a watch that obviously has been used a great deal.


0 Comments: